APPLES APPLES APPLES
On Sundays during September and October we open to the public for "pick-your-own" apples as well as the opportunity to buy fresh produce of anything still in season. The farmer picks the other produce within hours of the stand opening for the freshest taste. We grow many varieties of apples to stretch our harvesting season. In early September you can pick Macintosh and Gala, while Granny Smith and Stayman Winesaps are available later in the season. We suggest coming out every few weeks to try the different varieties. Each variety is unique but they subtly vary by the season with the differences in rainfall and temperature. Our apple varieties include Gala, McIntosh, Macoun, Granny Smith, Stayman Winesap, Laura Red Delicious, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jonalicious, Fuji, Candy Crisp, Empire and Jersey Mac. Note how they taste different than grocery store versions as well!
Our apple trees are arranged on a relatively-flat stretch of land, and our trees are trellised for easy picking, as you can see in the photo below. We offer only apple picking, and no hayrides or other activities. Strollers are commonly seen in the orchards; even high heels have been spotted!
Ripple Hill is not only a working farm, it is also our home. Please respect our privacy and our property by following a few simple rules:
1. Pick only what you will purchase (picking is the fun part and others will want to do it too)
2. Be respectful of others - no yelling, foul language, throwing apples, etc.
3. Stay within the apple orchard (do not go beyond the gravel driveway or the fenced area)
4. Do not litter or pick fruit from the ground
5. Be careful of the trees, they are living things
6. Please leave your animals home when coming to visit. We love our pets but not everyone is a pet lover and pets do not love all humans.